Stephen L. Weiss
We seek to prove the workers compensation case of our clients who have been hurt on the job by offering proof of the severity of the work-related injury. Workers comp insurance companies profit by denying or minimizing claims, and we work to hold them accountable for what they owe persons who have been injured at work.
YOUR UNIQUE CASE
We explore your workmans compensation options and alternatives and answer any questions throughout our representation. At our office, you can count on attentive personal service. Your phone calls will be answered or returned promptly, we try to schedule appointments at the times that are most convenient to you, and we are available as long as your case is ongoing.
Workers comp litigation can be time-consuming and stressful. For that reason, we often try to find a way to reach an accommodation with the insurance carrier on disputed workmans compensation issues prior to initiating litigation. If that doesn’t work we are fully prepared to litigate contested issues to a conclusion before judges at the Industrial Commission.
When you suffer a serious work injury, you may wonder if you will ever be able to return to work, how you will pay for your medical treatment, and how long benefits will last.
As your workman’s compensation lawyer, I will explain the processes and procedures of workers comp claims and help you understand your rights. If a hearing is necessary, I will prepare your case, obtain necessary evidence through the discovery process and fully advocate for you at your hearing.
I am a member of the Workers’ Compensation Advisory Commission of the State Bar of Arizona. This is a group of plaintiffs’ and defense lawyers and judges who rule on new applications and reapplications, which are required every 5 years, from lawyers who are Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation.
THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA
Best Lawyers is one of the most trusted guides to legal excellence in the United States.
Read Steve’s 2016 selection letter.
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Certified Specialist in Workers Compensation, Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Workers’ Compensation Law, 2000-2017
- Avvo “Superb” Rating, 2014-Present
- AV-Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group: Top 100, 2014
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2010
- Super Lawyers®, 2008-2009
- State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association: Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Industrial Commission of Arizona: Evidence-Based Medicine Study Group, 2013-2015
- Arizona Supreme Court: Member, Character and Fitness Committee, 2010-2013
- Former State Bar hearing officer in matters of alleged ethical violations by attorneys
- State Bar of Arizona, Fee Arbitration Panel, 2014-Present
- Workers’ Compensation Advisory Commission, State Bar of Arizona, July 2016-Present
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- LL.B., Yale Law School
- B.S., Economics, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
Steve supports a number of local charities, including a shelter for dogs and cats who need “forever homes”, Lost Our Home, lostourhome.org. The dog area of the shelter is “Daley’s Pooch Place”, named after Steve’s 7 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Daley.
Steve is originally from Chicago and is a life-long Cubs fan. Last year he was fortunate enough to attend the first World Series Game at Wrigley Field since 1945.